BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall is in the Air?

I am looking forward to the morning when I go out to get the paper and there is a bit of a chill in the air.  It doesn't have to be much, just a bit.  However, with this week's temperature readings hovering around the 95 degree mark, I don't forsee the chilly air making it's way to town anytime soon.  Such is fall in Florida.

Fall is my favorite time of year, and the one time of year I wish I lived in a state where the seasons change.  It would be wonderful to view the leaves as they turned from summer green, to vivid hues of red, orange and gold.  It would be great to be able to start displaying real pumpkins and not worry that you might be putting them out so soon that they are at risk of rotting long before October arrives.  And you know what would really be great?  To not worry that you might melt into a puddle on Halloween because your costume is too hot to trick-or-treat in! 

On the upside, at least we don't have to shovel snow all winter, and we will be able to wear shorts and go boating in January.  So that's something.  

Happy fall.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that the truth! my days of trick or treating are over, but I understand what you are saying! kw.